Thriving Spiritually, Emotionally and Physically: Ten Things All Children Need
While we would like to believe that childhood is a carefree and joy-filled time, navigating life is complex business for children, especially in today’s world. Most, if not all, of their core values, beliefs about the world, self esteem, and whether or not they will be able to be resilient in times of crisis will be determined during their childhood.
Below is a list of what I believe all children need. I am listing them here and, in the weeks to come, will expand more fully on each of them.
Each day of their childhood, children need:
1) To be blessed and to know that they are a blessing.
2) To be listened to.
3) To be cuddled.
4) To spend time in quiet and wonder.
5) To read.
6) To use their gifts in service and work toward things that matter.
7) Faith and Hope.
8) A village of adults who care about them and who they can trust.
9) To play.
10) To be protected from the Internet.